[governance] Access and Diversity [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 04:44:36 EST 2012

Hello Imran,

The sub-themes you mention below make the case well for a separate
'Internet for Kids' theme.

Can you say something more about the sub-theme "Debates for Provisioning of
Kids Internet Governance" - as this sounds interesting to explore, but I'm
not quite sure I understand exactly what it might cover/what angle it might
take...

All the best

Tim

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Imran Ahmed Shah <ias_pk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tim, for your comments, I agree with the sub-questions.
>
> However, what do you think if the we keep the main Title of "Internet for
> Kids" as a seperate theme and yes, theme # 11, Child Protection will be
> covered under this main theme.
>
> If you speak regarding the age as you mentioned "from 0 to 30+", I think
> it is not necessary to mention the age, otherwise, it could be upto 80+
> Kids.
> Sub-Questions may include:
>     - Clean Contents Development Awareness Compaign for the Kids Internet.
>     - Debates for Provisioning of Kids Internet Governance, (that is
> beyond the Contents Filtering for Kids)
>     - Vote for the Provisioning of dot-Kids (gTLD with IDN translations)
>     - Compaign for Free Access to Kids Internet for Next Generation.
>
> . Russia's dot-РФ registry has announced plans to apply for the top level
> domain dot-kids
> . In the 107th Congress, legislation sought to create a "kids-friendly
> top level domain name" that would contain only age-appropriate content. The
> Dot Kids Implementation and Efficiency Act of 2002 was signed into law on
> December 4, 2002 (P.L. 107-317) and authorizes the National
> Telecommunications and Information Administration
> <http://uk.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/ntia.htm>(NTIA) to require the .us
> registry operator (currently NeuStar) to establish, operate, and maintain a
> second level domain within the .us TLD that is restricted to material
> suitable for minors.
>

> Thanks
>
> Imran Ahmed Shah

Practical Participation Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales -
#5381958.