[governance] Google Caught Tracking Safari Users: What You Need to Know

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 02:39:49 EST 2012

Dear Mc Tim, followigns are references please:

Google fined for book copyright:

 that Google’s piracy liability is likely not limited to just aiding and abetting illegal prescription drug imports, but could involve many other kinds of goods and services as well.[http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottcleland/2011/11/09/googles-piracy-liability/]

>What does the settlement provide?:
>Google will also pay at least $45 million to resolve existing claims of Rightsholders for Books and Inserts that Google scanned without permission as of May 5, 2009, which is the date by which class members must notify the parties if they wish to opt out of the Settlement (the "Opt-Out Deadline"). Rightsholders will be able to file claims to receive cash payments, but must do so on or before January 5, 2010.
>[http://books.google.com/booksrightsholders/settlement-what.html]
>
>A French court has found Google guilty of infringing copyright by digitising books without the approval of the publisher.
>The search giant must pay €300,000 in damages to Herve de La Martiniere. Google will also have to pay a daily fine of €10,000 until it clears the books from its database, the BBC reports. [http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/18/google_books_defeat/]
Question is this that what are the possibilities for another " Agreement" with the DoC in near future to settle the "Piracy Infringement that Google knowingly and repeatedly violated" about the collecting and using the data & contents from their common profiels which are shared through single sign-in among all of Google Applications (gmail/facebook/myspace etc).

Thanks

Imran Ahmed Shah