[governance] Re: Survey Results Out [IGC Consultations]

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Mon Feb 20 01:21:13 EST 2012

Dear list,

I also feel responsible to our work, as co-coordinators, during the
Open consultation and MAG meetings last week, in particular around
the work of developing the theme and join the apology with Sala.

In my view, we should have been better prepared. That could avoid
some debates we just had around the questionnaire on main theme.
We should have called for more opinions before the meeting and
tried to put them into our own Statement and/or positions.
For that I feel we are primary responsible.

In view of the coming works, I like to take good lessons from these
and make improvements for coming works.

How to listen to the IGC members during the meetings and respond
in the physical meeting while we have the List and Skype and other tools
is both challenge and also opportunity.

The questionnaire is one such effort and even though there are areas
of improvement, as Avri pointed out, the intention is to make more voices
be heard.

I will try to bring some good discussion substance around the Remote
Participation in to the CSTD WG meeting just starting today.

Please read the "Chairman's draft recommendation" document I
circulated and make any comments to the list to be transmitted to the
meeting.
I will try to report the substance of the meeting, as this is a
"closed" meeting and there is no remote participation open, will be
careful to
not to "annotate", but will try my best,

izumi

2012/2/20 Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to apologise to the list for the shortcomings of the Survey
> that was carried out and solely take full responsibility. In the future to
> ensure that these shortcomings are confined, I will use the
> http://www.igcaucus.org/limesurvey
>
> This will mean that each member will actually get the form sent to your
> account with your name on it. I also thank Avri and Chris for raising the
> shortcomings of the poll.
>
> Sala
>

> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
> <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the results of the Survey that was held
>> recently. The Survey is attached. We thank all who participated.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Fatima Cambronero, Izumi Aizu and Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
>>

> --
> Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
>
> Tweeter: @SalanietaT
> Skype:Salanieta.Tamanikaiwaimaro