[governance] Remote Participation

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Sun Feb 19 11:21:13 EST 2012

In regards to remote participation, there are efforts underway for IGF 2012 for improve the situation.

Not sure some of you caught it, but during the Open MAG meeting this past week in Geneva Google mentioned that they were going to be supporting the IGF Secretariat in the months to come. It was specifically mentioned that they are making a contribution to the IGF fund and would like to work with them to improve the virtual participation of the Open Meetings and IGF as a whole.

There's defiantly a need to strategically improve the remote participation modalities at the IGF and its related preparatory meetings (Open Consultation, MAG meetings, etc). Both  volunteer and professional assistance, in my opinion, is most welcome .

What type of assistance and/or support will be provided - well, hopefully we'll find out soon from the Secretariat and/or Google.

regards

Robert

--
R. Guerra