[governance] Re: Feb 2012 Geneva meetings [Answers]

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Feb 10 04:14:14 EST 2012

In message <4F34D4CE.6030504 at apc.org>, at 10:26:54 on Fri, 10 Feb 2012,
Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org> writes
>If all non-governmental stakeholders were to form a common position on
>support for participation we would stand a stronger change, but, the
>other stakeholder groups have more resources, and are by and large
>better organised. Nevertheless I would like to propose as ask them to do
>a joint letter with us on the importance of supporting and facilitating
>effective multi-stakeholder participation.

It's the "other non-governmental stakeholders" who are providing much of
the IGF's intersessional funding.

http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/funding/86-donors

Does anyone have a breakdown of whose expenses (stakeholder groups
rather than individuals) have been paid from these funds to participate
in consultation/MAG meetings in the past?
--
Roland Perry