[governance] MAG Selection [URGENT]

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sat Feb 4 19:22:28 EST 2012

On 05/02/2012, at 1:33 AM, michael gurstein wrote:

> What this tells me, and particularly from a CS perspective is that we as CS in the context of the IGC need to step back a bit and enter into a more deliberate process of reflection and positon development on these very important issues.
>
> I'm wondering if funds couldn't be found to stage an online/offline event to discuss these issues and to help to formulate a CS position on these. (Note that the OECD counterpart to the IGC has now obtained limited but useful funding from Soros/OSI.

When I stepped down I promised to look into funding options for the IGC, and I approached two funders about it, both of whom responded that they were not interested in receiving a funding proposal from the IGC at present.  This doesn't mean we couldn't try again if we had a particular activity to fund, such as this online/offline event of which you speak.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

The global voice for consumers: www.consumersinternational.org
Connect with CI: Twitter @ConsumersInt | http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
Help CI stay in touch: please also add ConsumersInternational at sut1.co.uk to your safe sender list
Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.