[governance] Nomcom reform

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sat Feb 4 19:17:34 EST 2012

On 05/02/2012, at 1:04 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> BTW, I should note that since I only signed the membership pledge that is a part of the elections process in the last election, but did not actually vote for anyone, since I was objecting to the lack of a non of the above option, I have been judged a non-member by a previous co-coordinator.  I would still argue that any amendments should be done according to the process defined in the charter.
>
> Of course this means that by that judgement I am also no longer a member of the non-appeals team since I am no longer a member.

Why should it mean that?  You still have a voter account, hence are still a member for all purposes other than voting on charter amendments.  The Charter only says that "everyone who voted in the previous election will be deemed a member for amending the charter", it doesn't say that they are not members for other purposes.

But agreed that we need to work on the charter, anyway.  There is a group of 8 (including you) who have joined a mailing list to put together some proposed amendments to the charter, and anyone else can join that list too:

http://lists.igcaucus.org/info/charter

We should get started now, I guess.  I'll put together some suggestions and post them there within the next 48 hours.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

The global voice for consumers: www.consumersinternational.org
Connect with CI: Twitter @ConsumersInt | http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
Help CI stay in touch: please also add ConsumersInternational at sut1.co.uk to your safe sender list
Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.