AW: [governance] Fwd: MAG and CSTD WG meetings

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Fri Feb 3 09:04:38 EST 2012

Marilia,

What I mean by my earlier comment is that I believe that IGC MAG candidates should not only have extensive linkages within one's own stakeholder group, but also have experience engaging in a multi-stakeholder fashion to advance civil society positions.  It isn't enough just presenting our views, we also need to work with others in a diplomatic and constructive fashion. There will be areas of disagreement, but likely too there will be key areas of common interest that can be advanced.

The secretariat, though well intentioned, is under resourced and counts on the support of MAG members to not only develop the annual IGF program but also to fundraise. As such,  I would also add another skill that should be sought, that being the ability to engage with donors to help identify and possibly secure funding to support civil society participation at consultations and the annual IGF.

regards

Robert

--
R. Guerra