[governance] MAG Selection [URGENT]

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:23:16 EST 2012

Hi Anriette,

I totally agree with you. This was one of the points that Carlos Affonso
and I raised on the paper we wrote to APC about challenges for CS
participation. We did some research about why tech and academic were
grouped together, but I would love to hear the background story from Bill ;)

Anyway, the important thing is that we propose it and the representatives
of the technical & academic community in the WG did agree that it would be
the bast way to go.

I searched Peter's older document and the proposal is there: "Stakeholder
groups should strive for geographic diversity, gender balance, and
developing country representation. Stakeholder groups should also strive to
reflect their internal diversity separating technical community and
academic community", so I just probably missed the last part of the
sentence when I pasted it.

Marília