[governance] MAG Nominees [Message to List from Co-Coordinator]

nhklein nhklein at gmx.net
Wed Feb 1 22:02:48 EST 2012

Thanks, Fouad,

for raising also "technicalities" at your end. I know well that some -
far away - people just cannot understand what it actually means not to
have regular electricity.

Just to share a memory: when I operated the only ISP in Cambodia early
1994 to mid 1997, this was my electricity supply for the system, which I
put together from what I could find on the local market:

Japanese 24 Volt DC truck battery
Thai charger from 220 AC when we had public electricity supply
US inverter 24 V DC to 110 V AC (specially imported)
Vietnamese transformer 110 V AC to 220 V AC
home grown 220 V AC - mostly enough capacity, but not always - until the
public electricity started again

Sorry, a bit off list - but it is a plea to all who do not have regular
electricity disruptions, to understand what different
economic/technological conditions can mean.

Norbert Klein

--
In April 2011, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.
This is my latest posting:

Council of Ministers and UN Special Expert – continued (29.1.2012)
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=708

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia