[governance] So Who (or What) is Managing Privacy for/by the 1 Billion+

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Fri Dec 28 08:53:26 EST 2012

Hi,

That is probably an issue of contract law.

As I remember from when I read the License (or whatever it was called), which I checked as read

It contained, as they all seem to, some version of the words

"
We can change this agreement anytime we want.
OK?
and that includes the privacy stuff we put in the other document.
OK?
"

My partner and I both read these things:

- I end up still signing up for the service as I beleive that I have done nothing but sell bits of myself and my privacy for a paycheck most of my life, so why not some more info.

- my partner says "no way" and doesn't sign up.

note: We both use the Internet about the same amount and find what we want, but that is beside the point.

avri

is privacy a good enough reason to get a new name and ID number in most jurisdictions?  in any jurisdictions?