[governance] Fwd: Your sign on requested- Civil society statement post-WCIT

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Dec 22 07:05:54 EST 2012

McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> If IGC doesn't sign on to this, will we be making our own statement
> that will come out of Sala's Framework?

Given that the WCIT related discourse has become such a prominent part
of the Internet Governance related debates, and that a significant
amount of IGC effort has already been committed to analysing it, I
think that Tim's suggestion is good to use the output of that WCIT
analysis effort as a starting point for an IGC statement on WCIT and
the revised ITRs and (most importantly, because that is what can be
influenced now) how the revised ITRs should be interpreted and
implemented.

Greetings,
Norbert