[governance] Reply to Milton's blog post

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Dec 19 12:58:21 EST 2012

On 19/12/2012 07:37, McTim wrote:
>> It was also open to delegates at Dubai to say, to the statement of right of
>> > member states to access internationl telecom we will like to add the right
>> > to people to access international telecom...... That would have really given
>> > then the moral high ground...
> That text was tried and failed.

...because Civil Society had no voice at all in the plenaries. And just
to rub salt into the wounds, Touré said afterwards that Civil Society
could have spoken. Easy to say afterwards - why not encourage it in the
session? Because some countries would have barked, as they did when the
EU Commissioner took the floor from the Cyprus bench. The barking was
not impressive.
Kind regards,

Olivier

--