[governance] Internetistan, or the Bit Boat... a new approach to Internet governance!

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Dec 18 14:41:00 EST 2012

This really strikes a chord with me – Bertrand wrote

”We (the people of the world) have the power to frame description of situations and objectives in a way that helps solve issues. If we do not do it consciously, we become all prisoners of the power of words, hostages of the most radical among us and lose control of our collective destiny. “

Perhaps a good thing to bear in mind for this list for 2013! This caucus presents a great diversity of viewpoints, sometimes seemingly opposite – and that is one of the great strengths of this group. Vive la difference, and may we not just tolerate the different viewpoints here, but accept that the diversity represented is our great potential source of strength!

Ian Peter