[governance] Clues for WCIT issues and prospects

Dominique Lacroix dl at panamo.eu
Tue Dec 18 11:43:05 EST 2012

Le 18/12/12 17:28, David Conrad a écrit :
> The most the US government could do would be to direct its contractors
> to remove the ccTLD's records from the root zone.
Yes, that's what I meant, and so the author in the article we're commenting.

And the operating contractor IS Verisign. Return to the starting point.

So you confirm that, even being a bad move provoking a crisis, it could
be possible.
That's exactly why it's an asymetric situation unesasy to be accepted by
a lot of countries in the world.
Could we imagine another process? not necessarily with a plenary UN
assembly ;-)
@+, best, Dom

--
Dominique Lacroix