[governance] Forbes Piece on the Google Campaign

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:48:41 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> On Monday 17 December 2012 09:13 PM, Dominique Lacroix wrote:
>
> Le 05/12/12 22:17, McTim a écrit :
>>
>> They sent 50 delegates to the WCIT.
>> And they tell that it's a locked meeting!
>

> I wish they had sent 50 delegates.  There are approximately that many who
> are active ISOC members, but only a few who represent ISOC directly (and
> they don't have a vote as "Sector Members").
>

> McTim
>
> That reminds me, In an earlier posting you lamented that Google did not have
> a vote with regard to deciding on the ITRs.

Did I really?

I recall that I asked why Google would want to pay a Sector Member fee
to join a
body where they had no vote, but i didn't lament the fact that they
didn't have a vote.

Again, it's very boring when you try to speak for me.

So, it is that you want Google
> and ISOC to be able to vote along with governments while global regulation
> is being made.

Is this a statement or a question?

The use of "it is" makes me think it is a statement, which would be
another example of you trying to speak for me.

I think you meant "is it", which would make it a question, no?

The answer is that I do not want inter-governmental regulation
of/for/about the Internet.

(This is not technical coordination, or standards
> development, this is actual regulation, law and public policy.) Accordingly,
> do you also want Google and other private companies to *vote* when Internet
> related regulation, laws and policies are being made in your country?

Frankly, I don't want much "Internet related regulation, laws and
policies" being made my country either!

--
Cheers,

McTim