[governance] Forbes Piece on the Google Campaign

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Dec 17 11:12:57 EST 2012

On Monday 17 December 2012 09:13 PM, Dominique Lacroix wrote:
> Le 05/12/12 22:17, McTim a écrit :
>>
>>     They sent 50 delegates to the WCIT.
>>     And they tell that it's a locked meeting!
>>

>> I wish they had sent 50 delegates.  There are approximately that many
>> who are active ISOC members, but only a few who represent ISOC
>> directly (and they don't have a vote as "Sector Members").

McTim

That reminds me, In an earlier posting you lamented that Google did not
have a vote with regard to deciding on the ITRs. So, it is that you want
Google and ISOC to be able to vote along with governments while global
regulation is being made. (This is not technical coordination, or
standards development, this is actual regulation, law and public
policy.) Accordingly, do you also want Google and other private
companies to *vote* when Internet related regulation, laws and policies
are being made in your country? Should they also sit inside regulatory
bodies? And also, what about in other sectors, education, health,
agriculture etc....

While we keep on asking for MSism, and more MSism ,it will greatly help
in making our demand to lay down clearly what is meant by MSism, and
what exactly do we seek. My attempts to obtain a clear answer to this
question for many years now on this list has not been successful. Still
hoping...

parminder