[governance] [] US, UK and Canada refuse to sign UN's internet treaty

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Dec 17 02:11:51 EST 2012

In message <CD6BFDF5-236C-4AA3-9260-0610BE2B95F8 at hserus.net>, at
03:00:04 on Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net>
writes
>I am sorry, it is late here and I didn't quite understand.  To whatever
>target market that you wish to regulate and restrict / prevent the sale
>of such software or hardware, shall we say.

The answer will depend on how accurately you can define the markets, and
after that how easy it is to determine what market a buyer belongs to.

For example, if the markets allowed for such items are "law enforcement
and registered security professionals" it'll be easier for the vendor
than if it's "persons without a criminal record".

--
Roland Perry