[governance] US Ambassador Kramer's Remarks on the WCIT

jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 16 18:09:12 EST 2012

Dear Michael and all

Ambassador Kramer said

I'd be interested to have a rational explanation upon the relationship between DCs' "higher growth rates" and the Internet. IMHO there is rather a direct relationship ... with declining growth rates in Industriallized countries ! Maybe the US ambassador is just re-quoting the buzz of the World Bank that circulates since a couple of years (it's become a password in each WSIS Forum) in the UN agencies, claiming that +10% increase in mobile subscribers, sorry : consumers, means 1,6% increase of GDP in Africa.

How happy these Africans are, thanks to mobile and the Internet !

Best regards

Jean-Louis Fullsack