[governance] Another conflict of interest at ICANN : SAD !!

Gideon gideonrop at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:09:51 EST 2012

         It seems however that you have tried to damage the reputation of
several:

I am sure if any of the facts contained is not true, anyone of them can sue
DCA, and DCA can defend its statement very well.   BTW, the
Ombudsman's reference was  specific to the complaint made to him and the
arguments DCA got with Mike Silber and that was placed in public domain and
not the no campaigns as you would like it to be.  I suppose you were also
in their meeting?

The point is that Mike is on the Board Director of ZADNA who
also endorsed UNIFORUM application and for him not to recuse himself on
.africa and think he is not conflicted is not appropriate.
 Just because the ICANN Ombudsman exonerated them does not mean DCA is
wrong or does not have a legitimate complaint.  That would be a wrong
calculation.

I recall in ICANN Prague in one of the meetings that discussed COI,  Chris
Disppain got up in front of every body and said the unbelievable " Yes I am
conflicted and so what, what are you going to do about it".   It simply
means the COIs are not being taken seriously at ICANN especially at the
Board level period.  However the Ombudsman has recommended for it to be
taken seriously in the future,  that is why I said the matter we brought
to the Ombudsman is still unsettled for DCA.

I hope this helps, but it is not fair you keep misrepresenting DCA for its
stand.
Your position with our opponents from the beginning is well known, and so
there may be no point to continue to defend our position from your views.

Gideon Rop
DotConnectAfrica