[governance] Another conflict of interest at ICANN : SAD !!

Gideon gideonrop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:33:50 EST 2012

His report was only on the present discussions and not future.  So he
is essentially saying while there is no COI on current discussions, there
could potentially be in future GTLD making process and should be monitored
by the Board.  I am posting the whole paragraph while you made your own
selection.

*Result*

As a result of this investigation, I consider that no disqualifying
conflict of interest, or indeed any conflict of interest at all, is present
in the actions of both Chris Disspain and Mike Silber. It is likely this
complaint has led to increased awareness of the possibilities of conflict
of interest, which the Board will carefully consider in terms of the
existing policy about conflict, when the issue arises. I consider this
should continue to be a matter for consideration in gTLD decision making by
the Board.

Gideon Rop