[governance] Hmmmm... Google: "Internet Freedom!"... (from taxes?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:29:52 EST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:57 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> On Friday 07 December 2012 10:12 PM, McTim wrote:
>
> <snip>
> Perhaps you don't read all the mails, but conveniently, MM has just
> delivered a similar missive so that I don't have to go searching for that
> particular mail.  So I refer you to Milton's mail that he just sent:
> De-nationalisation..."is not “US exceptionalism” but its opposite."
>

> McTim, you must make up your mind whether you are advocating a 'free
> floating ICANN' model or are backing Milton's views, who is strongly, i
> repeat, strongly, against any free floating model for ICANN.....

The only difference between MM position and mine is that he wants a
treaty to limit ICANN and I don't think that is neccessary.

We are both for "de-nationalisation".

>  It is a different thing that I cannot at all understand how keeping ICANN
> rooted in the US legal system,  as Milton advocates, can be called
> de-nationalisation of ICANN by any stretch... parminder

Since it means the removal of unilateralism, and NOT
internationalisation via intergovernmental means, that to me defines
"de-nationalisation".

The ugly, dangerous process going on now in Dubai surely points out
that a treaty process is not a desirable means to achieve
internationalisation that we all seek.

--
Cheers,

McTim