[governance] Re: Multi-stakeholder model, evolution and revolution

Andrea Glorioso andrea at digitalpolicy.it
Thu Dec 6 14:27:32 EST 2012

Dear Jeremy,

On Thursday, December 6, 2012, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
> At Best Bits a few options were described, though we ran out of time to
debate them.  As I see it, there is a UN-linked option (which in turn
divides into an IGF-based option or an IGF-independent option), or there is
a UN-independent option (the Enhanced Cooperation Task Force, ECTF).  So
far, almost none of us have been serious about pursuing any of these.  But
the status quo is not going to hold.  One way or another, Internet
governance is going to evolve, and it will do so with us or without us.
 We've spoken loudly enough about what we don't want - the ITU.  So,
what do we want?

Since I was unable, for biological reasons, to attend the IGF, is there a
written report of these discussions?

Thanks,

Andrea

I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it
in mind.
Twitter: @andreaglorioso
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.glorioso
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1749288&trk=tab_pro