[governance] Does anyone have further information or clarification on this?

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Dec 6 04:07:54 EST 2012

A resolution adopted at WTSA last week (or the week before)

See ITU blog for their view
<http://itu4u.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/data-deluge-motivates-itu-standard-on-deep-packet-inspection/>

Note 2nd para "The World Telecommunication Standardisation Assembly
(WTSA) held in Dubai last November resolved some concerns regarding
maintaining privacy after it was noted that the standard deals with
the identification of the application used rather than the inspection
of users content. The standard does not allow access to users’ private
information and allows measures to ensure the secrecy of
correspondence."   I have no idea if this is correct.

Might be best to ask someone who was at WTSA what happened in the
discussions, ISOC was there and will have taken note.

Best,

Adam