[governance] More... Google: "Internet Freedom!"... (to do whatever it pleases and serves its business interests?

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Tue Dec 4 13:16:32 EST 2012

Michael,

I do not think that the only thing we are left with are campaigns promoted by one or another self-serving commercial or established political interest.

There are civic-minded people and organizations who apply their principles and rational thought to problems and are able to act and react independently and honestly, and, furthermore, to go into and out of alliances for the public-benefit causes they believe in.

For many, when a "big" actor of any kind - a company, a government or intergovernmental grouping, even some civil-society organizations - enters their side in a fight it actually becomes uncomfortable. The principles you are held become a target for mistrust and attacks. Yet these people and organizations stick to their principles and go on with clarity of purpose.

I've been told that you are part of at least one such organization and are one such person. To how many others who do not think exactly like you in every single issue are you prepared to grant the benefit of the doubt?

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

! !! !!! !!!!
NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUEVO NÚMERO DE TELÉFONO

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO

SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org