[governance] Julian Assange extradition: Ecuador 'willing to co-operate' with Britain

Dominique Lacroix dl at panamo.eu
Sat Aug 25 02:26:17 EDT 2012

Le 25/08/12 04:53, McTim a écrit :

>     On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Dominique Lacroix <dl at panamo.eu
>     <mailto:dl at panamo.eu>> wrote:
>     I am not sure the RFCs are matters for a CS group.
>
> Since RFCs are written by people working for governments, industry, CS
> and Internet End-Users together in a collaborative, open, transparent
> manner, I would say that this is a model of CS cooperation!
So let's discuss: I'd like to know what people on this list think about
the Ping software and the round-trip packet loss... ;-)

It's not a critique of IETF. Every profession creates its own language,
that closes the exchange for others, or makes it difficult to enter the
matters.
If you meant that everybody is able to discuss the RFCs, the engineers
expertise and time would had no value.

Now, I agree with you. The organization design of several IG components
is an interesting matter for CS.
And precisely, the high expertise of IT companies engineers meets the
great role they have for the society. Lawrence Lessig explained some
times ago.
That's a cognitive paradoxe we have to deal with.

Best,

@+, Dominique

--
Dominique Lacroix