[governance] Re: Sector Collaboration Guidelines [Standards]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:41:50 EDT 2012

I would say that this is moving towards "enhanced cooperation"...

The History Behind this draft RFC according to the IETF Liaison officer is
as follows:-

In January, several Member States of the ITU-T requested that the IETF and
ITU-T work together to update the existing guidelines for collaboration,
RFC 3356.  To be fair the document is over a decade old, and does have some
outdated information in it.  The IAB agreed to do this, and the result is
draft-iab-rfc3356bis, which will be published soon as both an RFC and an
update to Supplement 3 of the ITU-T A Series Recommendations.  The document
itself describes processes that the organizations use to interact with one
another, including attendance at face to face meetings, participation in
mailing lists, and transmission of liaison statements, and exchange of
information relating to new work items in each organization.  This document
makes no normative changes to either IETF or ITU-T standardization
processes.

I am at your disposal to answer any questions you might have about this
document.

Best Regards,

Eliot Lear
IETF liaison manager to the ITU-T