[governance] Tangential (On Exceptionalism Wikileaks) America's vassal acts decisively and illegally

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 09:46:20 EDT 2012

Parminder

It is always difficult for those who engage in institutions to change it
to be completely open about their trajectory. If we give the benefit of
the doubt to some change makers then time will tell...

The World Intellectual Property Organisation was independent of the UN.
When it became part of the UN family there was kinda like a chopping off
of the head (legally) and replacement with that of the UN without much
change in operations etc. WIPO only recently adopted a development
agenda - something that almost ALL UN agencies were committed to after
establishment...

So it matters what kind of evolutionary trajectory is in the mind of
change makers. If the argument is that unless there is a(/n concrete,
real, what-have-you) alternative before moving away from 'effectiveness'
to legitimacy & effectiveness it may be subterfuge of two orders... one
of change makers where ICANN etc is the dupe, or where the likes of you
are... this is so hard to judge... but in the long run (short of us all
being dead) time will tell....