[governance] Watch "'Real Arab Spring in Bahrain which West ignores'" on YouTube

Fahd A. Batayneh fahd.batayneh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:27:51 EDT 2012

Fouad, what we see in the news is different than what we hear from people
witnessing the events, which is again different from reality. There is a
lot of politics involved. For example, when we look at the case of Syria,
does media really show what is exactly going on ground? Why has no Western
power interfered in the situation in Syria? From friends I know who know
people from Syrian opposition parties living overseas, the Syrian
opposition leaders have a good say in the bad-to-worst situation in Syria.
Everyone wants a big piece of the pie (leadership after the Asad regime),
and since none is getting what they are targeting, they are not giving
their country the focus it needs (they use the term "Its either my way or
the highway"). And then comes the part of the Sunni-Shiat Islamic conflict
where Syria connects Lebanon to Iraq, which is again connected to Iran,
Afghanistan, and down to Pakistan. This is part of what some call "The
Shiat Empire".

As for Bahrain, and as the news report states, the majority are Shiats
(60%) while the ruling family are Sunnis. Kuwait has many Shiats, and they
have border with Iraq and Iran. And then comes the eastern province of
Saudi Arabia which is another harbor for Shiats. Some politicians see the
future of Saudi Arabia to be divided into two countries: the Western
religious part, and the Eastern oil producing part. If this happens, and if
Bahrain is ruled by a Shiat ruler, the "Shiat Empire" has been fulfilled. I
have neighbors who work and live in Bahrain, and they have not mentioned
any of what the video shows.

I remember when the Arab spring erupted, and while I was watching a summary
on CNN, they showed a 5 second clip of protests in Jordan where things
looked messy (like in the RT video on Bahrain). I can assure you that it
never happened and that what the video showed had NOTHING to do with the
situation in Jordan. In fact, during these protests, police distributed
water and sandwiches to the protestor.

Bottom line, this is all a political debacle which targets at re-shaping
Western Asia into different Islamic sectors and doctrines as means to
reduce power of powerful nations. It started with Iraq, Pakistan and
Afghanistan are already messed-up, and what remains is Syria.

P.S. I have no issues when it comes to various Islamic doctrines. The text
written above is purely a platform for discussion and food-for-thought. I
have no issues with any religion or doctrine.

Fahd