[governance] Re: [Arab IGF] ICANN to get $8 Million More from New .com Deal

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 4 21:15:22 EDT 2012

Sponsors of the Porn Industry and xxx community is given Special Privilege by the GAC. Even they claim that it is technically easy to block root level TLD comparing to filtering database, they did not given any action statement 'to block such type of domains / contents from other TLD', and yet not asked anyone 'to move current porn/xxx sites/contents from other TLDs to their sponsored gTLD'.

Even when some one has capability to block root level access to xxx TLD, they will have support from human right and even through IG for openness, accessibility and Internet for everyone.

Practically, when you provide them space to rule as independent state, that does not mean you are reducing their influence and accessibility/ and confined.

We should not hesitate to accept that worst this also happen and one wrong decision has taken favorable to accept xxx sTLD.

Imran