DRAFT: PLEASE COMMENT JOVAN/VLADA Re: [governance] May consultation: IGC input RP and access

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Apr 30 08:09:09 EDT 2012

In message <1335780894.44853.YahooMailNeo at web130106.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
at 03:14:54 on Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Nnenna <nne75 at yahoo.com> writes

>One point that I may want to add is
>
>"Avoid last-minute changes in programme"
>
>People participating remotely find it extremely difficult to adjust
>when workshops are changed at the last minute.

I've been at well known International meetings where changes to the
programme have been posted either as a note on the [original] room door,
or even worse taped to a screen that's displaying a web page with the
old programme.

Neither of those are ideal for persons of restricted mobility/vision on
site, let alone remote participants.

It can be especially frustrating when people Tweet from a meeting you
never knew was happening, and isn't on the programme. But if those on
site know that, they can perhaps Tweet revisions as soon as they are
aware of them.
--
Roland Perry