[governance] Updates [General IGC Business]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 22:54:04 EDT 2012

Warm Greetings,

For some in the Southern Hemisphere, it's Autumn and for some in the
Northern Hemisphere it's Spring and there are some like us in Fiji who are
rebuilding following the aftermath of what was possibly the worst floods to
hit the country.

*Updates*

 We congratulate Louis Pouzin's induction into the Hall of Fame.  We also
celebrate with Dr Mawaki Chango on successfully defending his dissertation
and for exploring the “*Future of Digital Identity*”.

*IGC Statement to the MAG*
**
This is a call for people to start giving thought to how we would like to
craft our Statement for the MAG Meeting in Geneva next month. Kindly let us
know if there are volunteers who would like to start getting the ball
rolling on this by sending your thoughts and comments in a separate thread
called IGC Statement to MAG within the subject line. This needs to start *
asap.*

*Commonwealth Cyber Security Initiative*

The IGC has been invited to be represented into the Steering Committee of
the Commonwealth Cyber Security Initiative. The IGC is mandated under the
Charter to engage in strategic advocacy and this is a great opportunity to
get involved. For those who are interested in being part of a working group
within the IGC to engage in discussions on Cyber Security where we can
discuss ideas, strategies, please email coordinators at igcaucus.org offlist
to let us know of your interest.

*Regional IGF Secretariats*
**
This is a reminder for those organising IGFs within their regions and
sub-regions to please send in their dates [offlist] to
coordinators at igcaucus.orgso that we can update the Calendar.

*IGC Improvements*

There will be an ad hoc virtual meeting to discuss IGC improvements.  For
those who feel that they would like to get more involved within the IGC but
are unclear of how to get more involved, kindly send an email indicating
your interest to coordinators at igcaucus.org by the 12th May, 2012. We would
like to set up an *ad hoc* group to evaluate how we have been working
according to the Charter and to see how things can be improved.

*NomCom Pool*

Thank you for all those who have been volunteering to have their names be
part of the NomCom Pool. As per the Charter, the NomCom process will be
activated as per http://www.igcaucus.org/nomcom-process

Kind Regards,
--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT
Skype:Salanieta.Tamanikaiwaimaro
Cell: +1 <%2B679%20998%202851> 202.262.555.7