[governance] New MAG announced

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Apr 27 13:19:48 EDT 2012

In message <4F9AC1B6.8070106 at eff.org>, at 17:56:38 on Fri, 27 Apr 2012,
Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> writes
>>> Well blogging takes more time than reporting to the list...
>>
>> Going to the event takes three or four days for most people. Isn't it
>>worth spending a few hours telling your stakeholders what the outcome
>>was?
>Reporting is fine. However, you do need everyone to report the same
>thing..

If everyone reports the same thing, why send multiple people to the
meeting? Surely each will bring their own perspective to both the input
and the feedback.

>You can also... but a joint report is much better.

I disagree, the overhead of agreeing such a report would delay it
enormously.

>Usually, you do so in other processes.  Also I said that because there
>might be people from civil society who might not be in the list or at
>least I havent read an email from them).

This goes back to the question of whether the Civil Society members of
the MAG are representative of [only] the IGC, or of a wider Civil
Society movement. As far as I can see, only three of the seven IGC
nominees were selected, so perhaps there's "life outside the IGC" as
well?
--
Roland Perry