[governance] ITU Broadband Commission

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Apr 4 19:21:16 EDT 2012

On 03/04/2012, at 7:48 PM, John Curran wrote:

> I have no involvement in the ITU Broadband Commission (and am the probably one of the last
> folks on the planet expected to speak in defense of the ITU's attempts at multi-stakeholder
> engagement), but is there an actual issue here to respond to?   Has IGC or other CS
> organizations attempted to engage with the ITU Broadband Commission and been told that
> they are not welcome?

Yes.  Consumers International offered to put together a workshop on broadband with them.  The response, "We tend also to only partner with existing members of the Broadband Commission, which makes a joint initiative here hard to justify/coordinate."

On that note, if anyone else is interested to co-sponsor a workshop on consumer protection issues around broadband, with CI and the LINK Centre, contact me offlist and I'll send you the link.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy and Project Officer

Follow @ConsumersInt

Like us at www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.