FW: [governance] Fwd: [EDRi-members] Fwd: e-G20 in October

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:44:02 EDT 2011

Hi Irene,

Thanks for this and for the initiative...

I think the issues could be presented in an even stronger fashion... The
case could be made I think, that both direclty through voluntary/free/open
source contributions of time and skill and indirectly through public
funding,-- we (the public/citizens/civil society/publicly funded researchers
and academics etc.etc.) built the Internet and "we" thus have a right to sit
at any table discussing it's future.

As I indicate in the blogpost, efforts have been made to ignore this
contribution for "technical" (and I suspect ideological) reasons but there
is no reason to accept this and every reason to resist.