[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:56:36 EDT 2011

Dear Jeremy:

You made a good point regarding the involvement of all actors in the process
of EC.

But I would like to highlight that the paragraph 69 of the TA is only
addressing the intended result of EC for governments: "...to enable
governments, on an equal footing, to carry out their roles and
responsibilities, in international public policy issues pertaining to the
Internet..." . Unless I am leaving something out, it keeps quiet regarding
what should EC do for other actors.

Best,

Miguel

*Disclaimer*
My ideas are those of my own and does not represent any position of my
employer or any other institution