[governance] Notes for input to opening session statement

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:52:40 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Good People
>
> I finally got a formal confirmation that I will be the CSO speaker during
> the opening ceremony. I am required to submit some sort of 'speech' by
> Monday.
> Jeremy had provided some talking points (thanks alot Jeremy) and Imran
> had made additions (again, thanks too Imran).
>
> I am now asking all of you to look at both Imran's and Jeremy's suggestions,
> agree, amend, add, subtract, and get back to me by friday evening. Is that
> alright? This is a multistakeholder process and offers equal opportunities
> for contribution. Remember, this will not be my speech, but YOUR speech.
> Kindly input.

I would suggest you add our particular kenyan perspective as well,
perhaps describe how our CS comes together to give input on policy and
the things that the gov is doing in terms of enabling environment, the
things that business is doing because of this enabling environment,
and the results (world leader in mobile money, lots of mobile app (and
mobile app labs) development, thriving social entrepreneurship in the
tech space, open access shared LTE network infra to be built, ccTLD
run on a MSH model, etc, etc.

--
Cheers,

McTim