[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:03:21 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

I just want to highlight that the developing countries interested in IG
matters are more precisely regional powers or emerging countries. There are
many developing countries that don't understand what is in IG for them and
why they should do anything about it.

Using my own perceptions, I build the following table:

   Interest Number of countries    1 Very low   123  2 Low   6  3 Intermed
11  4 High   22  5 Very high   30

You can use your own perceptions in the worksheet attached or may be an
academic can anchor the semantic scale and make this more elaborated

Best,

Miguel

*Disclaimer*
My ideas are those of my own and does not represent any position of my
employer or any other institution