[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Sep 21 10:28:46 EDT 2011

Hi Marilia

On Sep 21, 2011, at 2:57 PM, Marilia Maciel wrote:

> Hi, sorry for taking time to reply.
>

> There will be more opportunities than this.  For example, I intend to raise it again in the main session on CIR, which I'm co-moderating with Emily Taylor, and in my workshop on institutional choice in GIG http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2011View&wspid=178, which is a feeder for the CIR session.  Tulika from the Indian government will be speaking on both, as will Alice, Anriette, and Fiona (plus others here who are on or the other, e.g. Avri, Jeanette, Patrik..).  So let's get it out in the open and hear what people have to say either way.  While such a debate will be divisive, a UN GA proposal that hasn't been openly debated would be much more so.
>
> Certainly! I will be there at wks 178. I would also like to call your attention to a workshop devoted to the topic of EC and how it can be linked with the IGF:
> Workshop 182 Global Internet related public policies – Is there an Institutional Gap?
> It will take place on Friday, 09:30.
> It would be really great to count on you there.

The schedule has you starting at 9:00, so you might want to get there a bit earlier ;-)

Not great timing, this is just before the CIR main session and we might need to do some preparation etc, but of course it looks interesting and I'll try.

BTW a point of general interest to attendees, due to the UN hours of the translators they've eliminated coffee breaks between main sessions, which alters start/stop times, so it'd be good to download the 16 Sept. version of the schedule if you haven't.

Cheers

Bill