[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:57:28 EDT 2011

Hi, sorry for taking time to reply.

> There will be more opportunities than this.  For example, I intend to raise
> it again in the main session on CIR, which I'm co-moderating with Emily
> Taylor, and in my workshop on institutional choice in GIG
> http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2011View&wspid=178,
> which is a feeder for the CIR session.  Tulika from the Indian government
> will be speaking on both, as will Alice, Anriette, and Fiona (plus others
> here who are on or the other, e.g. Avri, Jeanette, Patrik..).  So let's get
> it out in the open and hear what people have to say either way.  While such
> a debate will be divisive, a UN GA proposal that hasn't been openly debated
> would be much more so.
>
> Certainly! I will be there at wks 178. I would also like to call your
attention to a workshop devoted to the topic of EC and how it can be linked
with the IGF:
Workshop 182 Global Internet related public policies – Is there an
Institutional Gap?
It will take place on Friday, 09:30.
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2011View&wspid=182
It would be really great to count on you there.

Best,
Marília

> Cheers,
>
> Bill

> William J. Drake
> International Fellow
> Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
> University of Zurich, Switzerland
> william.drake at uzh.ch
> www.mediachange.ch/people/william-j-drake
> www.williamdrake.org