[governance] IGC on Facebook?

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:26:06 EDT 2011

Hello all,

On another note, this discussion, or variants of same, seems to return year
after year in different guises.

I do find the general "reluctance" of the IGC list to seek to expand beyond
its core membership base ("noise???") to be quite mystifying, especially
given its mandate to, if not represent, certainly provide a forum for, the
views of Civil Society in the areas surrounding IG.

*The mission of the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) is to provide a forum
> for discussion, advocacy, action, and for representation of civil society
> contributions in Internet governance processes. The caucus intends to
> provide an open and effective forum for civil society to share opinion,
> policy options and expertise on Internet governance issues, and to provide a
> mechanism for coordination of advocacy to enhance the utilization and
> influence of Civil Society (CS) and the IGC in relevant policy processes.
>   *

I, for one, am all for expanding the communication channels by which the IGC
seeks to effect its Mission and associated objectives, and using that
opportunity to direct the "noise" to a more focussed and ultimately engaging
experience facilitated by IGC "branded" tools.

And, at the risk of playing firestarter, +1 for a real names policy in the
IGC social toolkit as well.

Best wishes,

Tracy