[governance] CSTD WG on IGF improvement - just started

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:42:43 EDT 2011

Dear Izumi,

I hope you are well and it is also interesting following the tweets from
those that are there as well via #CSTDWG Let us know if they have
live/remote streaming available otherwise we will just watch for your
emails and follow the tweets. I am following @sgdickinson and so far it's
been very interesting.

Best Regards,
Sala

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> wrote:

> IGC CSTD
> Hi,
> The CSTD WG started its third meeting this morning in Geneva,
> There are some new faces, mainly from the government delegations.
>
> The new Chair, Peter Magor, gave summary presentation of the
> WG's past work and also issues/questions on the table.
>
> He then asked if the WG like to discuss all issues in the plenary (only),
> or  having 3 small groups to deal with specific issues, inter-twined
> with plenary discussion.
>
> Several member states wanted to keep only plenary as they do not
> have more than one member and don't want to be excluded.
> Most civil society and private sector members supported the small
> group idea.
>
> In the end, the Chair proposed to go with plenary first and see how
> it goes and then consider, if so deemed to consider again.
>
> Now it is15 min coffee brake.
>
> izumi
>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala