[governance] November 1-2 Ministerial Cyber Event was Re: [] Cyber Security 2011

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Sun Oct 30 14:59:47 EDT 2011

Honestly,

I'm unclear what people are alarmed about; looks like just another high-level talk -fest still, with some cs folks on program...and no significant action items or even time on the program to develop proposed action items.  Even if it concludes with a press conference, so what. Odds of this having any significant impact on cybersecurity in any sense is just above zero. Imho.

Giving politicians a chance to say they are aware of cyber issues isn't all bad is it. Maybe they will learn something from Jimmy Wales/Wikipedia, or Helen Margetts/Oxford Internet Institute; could happen.

Lee