[governance] Next CSTD WG meeting scheduled

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Oct 12 11:35:31 EDT 2011

Hi

On Oct 6, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Marilia Maciel wrote:

> The next meeting of the CSTD WG for IGF improvement has been scheduled for 31 Oct until 02 Nov, in Geneva. Apparently, it will be open only for participants of the WG, but as the chair has changed, I think it could be useful to write to him and ask about the possibility of allowing observers in the room.

Apparently the CSTD secretariat believes this to be a very highly sensitive and political process that should be restricted to members and existing participants.  As such, a letter just from CS seems unlikely to have much impact.  If, however, there was a joint letter with the technical and business communities asking for an acceptably sized peanut gallery of silent observers, and some member governments expressed support for the principle, we might get somewhere.  Perhaps our coordinators could reach out to ISOC and ICC and see if there'd be any interest?  The meeting's less than three weeks off, so anything would have to happen soon…

Bill