[governance] Formal IGC response to IBSA proposal ahead of 18-19 Summit?

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:00:13 EDT 2011

Interesting suggestions for a statement are being discussed. I hope to be
able to comment on Sala´s e-mail soon.

I just would like to reinforce that, as Jeremy mentioned, IGC has produced a
statememt about enhanced cooperation. I could find it online here:
http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/un/unpan043237.pdf
and I take the opportunity to ask Jeremy to "pull" all our previous
statements to the current website, as they are one of the most important
elements of our institutional memory.

On that statement IGC pointed out four general options about EC. The
discussion to reach this 4 options was a very rich one, and I believe that
any position from IGC about the institutional aspect of EC should build on
that 4 options, not start from scratch.

I also take the opportunity to ask for more clarification about the
suggestion for the poll, as I did not understand what would be the topics
covered.

Best wishes,

Marília