[governance] Re: Syria

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Mon Oct 10 08:04:13 EDT 2011

Hmmm, this reminds me of USA's silence when its pawns, Bahrein's
dictatorship, arrests and condemns physicians and nurses, or when its
other pawns, the Saudi Arabian dictatorship... but these are not issues
for this list, I guess.

The BR government has already made clear in several instances that the
document is a *draft*, that it is discussing it with Brazilian civil
society (and I can testify it is) and that it will be rewritten. Romulo,
the Itamaraty person chiefly involved in this process, is open to
dialogue with anyone, Brazilian or not, as Bill himself can testify.

BTW, this trilateral forum called IBSA is *not* focused on Internet
governance (this is just a small part of a much larger effort since at
least 2003, when even the talk of IG was non-existent), and there is a
complex set of discussions on a wide array of themes for collaboration
in process.

Also, the ways of civil society participation in government policy is
not uniform in the three countries, each government has its own views,
and this is a joint proposal. So be it, central countries' folks try to
sit on their own tails while bashing us for having our tails.

fraternal regards

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org