[governance] Re: Nominees for next co-coordinator position

Asif Kabani kabani at isd-rc.org
Mon Oct 10 07:47:53 EDT 2011

Dear Jaremy and Colleagues,

Please find here the statement

Dear Friends,

Greetings

I would like to take this opportunity be elected as coordinator at Civil
Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC), to serve the IGC community and
promote IGC mission.

Kindly, note that I have 10-15 years of direct experience and education in
Internet Governance (IG) and working with Civil Society in developing world,
working with Donors and Government, educated by Diplo Foundation in Internet
Governance and ISOC as Next Generation Leader for IG.

I see that next 12-24 months, will be very crucial for IGC and Civil Society
in context of IGF between UN and stakeholders of IGF, including IGC, in
appointment if Chair and Coordinator of IGF, the secondly is the ICANN new
developments in context of internet governance. Here I would like to bring
my rich experience if IG working with Government, Donors, CSO and Academic,
to the crucial future ahead and make IGC a organization with VOICE and
MUSCLE in public policy in Internet Governance and Development with all the
member’s of IGC.

Perhaps this is the time IGC should have coordinators, like myself whom have
direct influence and lobbying in UN and government in policy, provision,
production, and finance to Internet Governance.  IGC must develop a way
forward and best practices for civil society to come forward and interact
with stakeholder, donors, private sector, academic and Government, Since, I
have direct experience working with all above especially, the civil society,
UN and Government in last 10+ year. I strongly believe that IGC should now
become the most important Voice at the WSIS 2015 and other international
forums.

The IGC must have ultimate and clear position of caucus in all public policy
forms in ICANN, IGF, etc. Since I have worked at IGF, at UNOG and understand
how diplomacy is done this will be a assets to IGC. Also note that I have
participate in various National and International Forums, like IEEE,  IGFs,
ICANN and ISOC meetings for last several years, this rich experience will
also come handy to IGC and its community.

IGC must raise the voices strongly and act together, to lobby governments
and private sector why they should work together with us on equal together.
We all as members will work promote the interests of the developing parts of
the world and will make IGC a pro-active organization is we need we will
make various committees on strategy development, technical committee, etc
and forums so members with particular internet can share input and make
public policy research. We will all work together and will IGC as
organization that next generations will remember it for centuries to come.

My name if Asif Kabani, I have MBA in NGO Management, MBA in Marketing and
IT, MSc in Development Studies from Wye college University of London, and
Post Graduate in Internet Governance in 2007 from Diplo Foundation and Next
Generation Leadership (NGL) in 2010-2011 Diplo-ISOC. I have worked with UN
System in various countries, including United Nations office in Geneva at
IGF thanks to Diplo, traveled to Asia, Europe, and other developed and
developing countries for my work with Civil Society; I have very good
communication skills with understanding of values and cultures.

Review the facts that if I am selected as coordinator, I will serve the
whole caucus and each and every member of the community, as one team
and willing to share, facilitate, listen and coordinate as the member. I
also like to say that at least one of the co-coordinator and members of this
caucus be selected at MAG for IGF, UN / International forms and Government
advisory, where policy-making is done. This will bring IGC stakeholder input
in Regional and National Government in Public Policy with pro-active members
of IGC, This way, the linkage between caucus with stakeholders will promote,
and strengthened.

Your valuable opinions and suggestions are most welcome.

It's great to have a colleagues who will *support by voting* me as
co-cordinator of IGC.

Thank you all for your kindness. Please accept my sincere gratitude.

*Asif Kabani*
Skype: kabaniasif
Email: kabana.asif at gmail.com

--
Asif Kabani
Email: kabani.asif at gmail.com

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979