[governance] Re: Syria

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 06:51:44 EDT 2011

> And some more interesting reading on surveillance by a government - this
> time from Germany - and how it even goes against the high Constitutional
> Court of the same country:
>
> http://ccc.de/en/updates/2011/staatstrojaner
>

> Norbert Klein

 This raises interesting discussions on whether in our attempt to see a
perfected processes and streams of processes which drives us
to advocate for an institution to oversee internet governance policy
formulation to encourage global participation is worth the threat to
vulnerable groups. In the macro view of things, will it be a price that we
would be willing to pay. What are other alternatives to improving
processes and efficiency? If as in the Syrian example, nations have taken
their positions on the matter - in diplomatic speak, even an
abstention is a "message" in itself and in the recent example where the
Executive Arm in Germany if the contents of the website that
Norbert sent are authentic and true defies constitutional principles, how
are the rights of the vulnerable protected?

Interestingly we can hypothesise and predict/forecast the future by using
existing jurisprudence and studying behaviour through signals such as the
vetoing of the Security Resolution, the manner in which the UK reacted to
the riots, the alleged behaviour of the German
Police etc. In the balance of things, particularly rights and
responsibilities, there are no easy answers.

Sala

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT