[governance] Proposal to Merge Website and Mailing List Consultations [Administration/Logistics]

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 14:26:14 EST 2011

Hi Avri and Ronald.
With reference to the dicussion about IGcaucus.NET and thinking its utilization, .net is not only for the networking of the computers or related business organization, but can also be utilized as NETwork of the people.
As you are going to propose (I think about next step), to use IGcaucus.NET for our mailing lists, yes it can be utilized.
However, if we port the mailing list to .net (as a network), what will be the best representation of .org for IGcacus CS Members.

Existing members may have no confusion, but externals will be confused with the .net and CS. That may decrease the importance of .org site references.

However, .net may be used for an outreach programs.
Thanks

Imran
On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 23:00 PKT Roland Perry wrote:>In message <sympa.1321724099.80832.506 at lists.cpsr.org>, at 09:37:44 on Sat, 19 Nov 2011, Yehuda Katz <yehudakatz at mailinator.com> writes>>> 'What constitutes a Netwerk (.net) ?'>> >> Is it a culster of Electronic-Devices interconnected ?>> verses (vs.)>> Is it a group of Humans interacting in a forum of Social-Dynamic communication ?>>It's the former. i.e. an access network, one of those which connected together form the Internet (of such networks).>-- Roland Perry>____________________________________________________________>You received this message as a subscriber on the list:>    governance at lists.cpsr.org>To be removed from the list, visit:>    http://www.igcaucus.org/unsubscribing>>For all other list information and functions, see:>    http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/info/governance>To edit your profile and to find the IGC's charter, see:>    http://www.igcaucus.org/>>Translate this email:
 http://translate.google.com/translate_t>
     governance at lists.cpsr.org