[governance] US Stop Online Piracy Act and Rojadirecta etc [Intellectual Property]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 07:03:39 EST 2011

Dear All,

One of the interesting policy areas within the WGIG 2005 Document is on
Intellectual Property. A friend of mine had sent me the link to an article
by Geist. I did not read it until a few days later and think that some of
you may find it interesting, see:
http://www.thestar.com/article/1085475--geist-internet-belongs-to-us-u-s-argues

This led me to extract the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) from the US
Congress website:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:1:./temp/~c11213UD8d::

This of course reminded me of Rojadirecta's Petition earlier this year, see:

https://www.eff.org/files/Petition%20for%20Release%20of%20Seized%20Goods%20Final.pdf

There is also an interesting article, see:
http://www.publicknowledge.org/blog/us-government-rojadirecta-owners-must-prove-i
(I apologise that this is a secondary source)

One thing is certain, 2011 is a very interesting year in the world of
internet governance

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT